During the winter a snowy and dreamy landscape is awaiting you all around the Hotel Fines. Ice crystals sparkling in the light of the winter sun, beautiful wide meadows, forests and pastures wrapped in white blankets. Sparkling snow and a fresh winter breeze in the air - that’s the winter in Santa Maddalena.
The perfect place to be to discover the most popular highlights of the Dolomites
The Hotel Fines is the perfect starting point to explore the wonderful surroundings. Only a short walk away you’ll find the famous churches of Santa Maddalena and St. John in Ranui, which are part of the most beautiful and picturesque places of South Tyrol and the Alps. They’re known all over the world for their unique and simply breathtaking location with the enormous and magnificent mountain peaks of the Puez/Odle Nature Park in the background.
Additionally, you have endless options available to discover the beautiful Dolomites, including many ski resorts and trails for cross-country skiers and snow-shoe hikers. You can expect tranquility, a white, enchanting winter wonderland, wonderful days in the snow, cozy evenings and get-togethers in our fine dining room - that’s the magic of winter in the Hotel Fines.
Our top tips for your unforgettable winter holidays in Val di Funes in the heart of South Tyrol:
For winter sports lovers
- Guided hiking tours with following return on the toboggan slopes together with your hosts Hannes and Fabian
- Snow-shoe excursions through the peaceful white winter landscapes
- Skiing in the nearby Dolomiti Superski areas, which you can reach conveniently by public transport (for example Val Gardena in about 30 km, Plose in about 17 km, Jochtal/Gitschberg in about 40 km)
- Cross-country ski tours on the beautiful Ranuier Field or the Würzjoch (only 1 km away)
- The ski area “Filler” directly in Santa Maddalena and only a few steps away from the hotel, perfect for beginners
- Fun on the longest toboggan slope of the Eisack Valley, along with the beautiful, snow-covered winter forests from the Geisleralm to Ranui
For those looking for tranquility
- Enjoy the beautiful winter sunshine on our terrace with some hot drinks and delicious homemade snacks
- Visit the water and sauna world “Aquarena” in Bressanone, which you can reach conveniently and for free with the DolomitiMobil Card on weekdays
- Take part in the many activities of our local tourist office during your holidays in Val di Funes: tastings, visits, theme hikes and much more is awaiting you!